piping to a text file

Bryan Patterson bpatters at fit.edu
Thu Apr 1 07:26:34 PST 2004

Hello,

I am reading tcpdump trace files that my professor gave me.

[root at localhost bro_files]# bro -r tcpdump/attack_file_8.tcpdump mt -w
scan_results/attack8.scan

I am writing them to 'attack8.scan', but that is a binary file which I
need to read with bro again. On that note, what is the proper
syntax/flag to use when reading bro output "as-is" with the bro
application?

#bro -r attack8.scan <????>

THANKS!
Bryan