Bro's problems:Out of memory

Holger Dreger hdreger at net.in.tum.de
Fri Apr 23 01:46:06 PDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 02:44:49PM +0800, ?????? wrote:
>     We are intresting in Bro.But when we test it under a simulative network,
> it was killed a few minutes by the linux systerm,giving the message of"
> Out of memory",while Bro 's message is "internal error:double signal".

The amount of memory bro uses heavily depends on the policy scripts
that you are running. If you additionally load the script
statistics.bro you'll get a statistics.log file which should provide
you information where the all the memory has gone. One common trick is
to tune the various timeouts like the script reduce-memory.bro does.
(Note: reduce memory sets timeouts that are perhaps not suitable to
your needs)

Holger

--
Holger Dreger * http://www.net.in.tum.de * Phone: +49 (0)89 289-18006
   Computer Science Department * Technische Universitaet Muenchen