Log entire payloads

Yohann Thomas yohann.thomas at rd.francetelecom.com
Fri Apr 23 06:54:49 PDT 2004

Hi everybody !!!

I'd like to log http payloads for each connection seen on my network.

In fact, I'd like to get something like :
Src_IP;Dst_IP;Request_Payload;Reply_Payload

but with entire payloads (not only URIs, but also banners...)

At the moment, the only way I found to manage that is to load the
signature module and write a signature file using payload /.*/, in order
to get the payloads on signature_match events with the data string.

It works, but unfortunately, this solution is a bit heavy in term of CPU
usage. There's probably a way to get these payloads using a built-in
function (and avoiding signatures module) ??? In fact, having a look at
the http-related modules, I can't find how I can handle this problem...

Anybody to help me ??? (or just to tell me it's not possible with
built-in functionnalities... ;-( )

Yohann.