Bro & freebsd

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Sat Feb 14 14:35:38 PST 2004

> I don't find this file on my freebsd box,

It is renamed by the Makefile.  The Makefile steps will look like:

	bif_parse.h bif_parse.cc: builtin-func.y bif_arg.h bif_type.def
		$(YACC) $(YFLAGS) builtin-func.y
		@mv y.tab.h bif_parse.h
		@mv y.tab.c bif_parse.cc

so you'll find y.tab.c as bif_parse.cc.

That said, checking my email archives reveals that this is a FreeBSD 4.9
problem with its bison installation, and not a Bro problem, per the appended.
As a work-around, I can send you the bif_parse.cc that's generated using
my version of bison - that should build okay for you.

		Vern