Need help understanding serializer

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Fri May 21 13:15:48 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 11:48, Robin Sommer wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 20:09 -0700, Christian Kreibich wrote:
>
> > > case for what I need. The SerializationFormat gives me what I need to do
> > > the marshalling, but it doesn't handle I/O. And a format plus I/O are
> > > pretty much the core ingredients of a Serializer, right? Also I could
> > > build the callback API that I was looking for in my own Serializer...
>
> Ok, I see.
>
> > http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~cpk25/BroSerializer.diff.gz
>
> Thanks! I skimmed over it and it seems to be fine. So, feel free to
> go ahead.

Hi, a quick update on this: Broccoli can now speak a good subset of the
Bro communication protocol (as per ChunkedIO, RemoteSerializer etc).
Broccoli clients look like normal Bros, and I have thus no longer found
the need for the BroSerializer split I mentioned earlier in this thread.

You can have a look at Broccoli here:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~cpk25/vern/broccoli-0.2.tar.gz

[ usual danger sign here for very alpha code :) ]

Cheers,
Christian.