[Bro] tcp contents

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Mon Nov 29 13:37:27 PST 2004

> In short, this is what I'm trying to do:  I want to selectively save
> the payload/contents of a TCP stream to a file just based on the
> protocol/port number.

If you want to do this offline processing a trace, then it's very
easy - just "bro -f 'tcp port 80 or tcp port 25' -r trace contents",
for example.

If you want todo it online while also doing other work, then a
natural way would be something like:

	global interesting_services = { smtp, http, };

	event connection_established(c: connection)
		{
		if ( c$id$resp_p in interesting_services )
			demux_conn(c$id, "interesting", "orig", "resp");
		}

(with the caveat that I haven't tested this)

		Vern