[Bro] configure problem

Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D. anton at netForensics.com
Wed Sep 15 15:22:18 PDT 2004

> Yeah, that was my fault, its fixed in 0.9a5 which I think will
> be out real soon now :-) sorry about that.

Have you guys also fixed the 'make install'? It refers to a non-existing
.cfg.sample file.... (in 0.9a4)

> [...]
>> checking for bison... bison -y
>> checking for g++... g++
>> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
>> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
>> checking for flex... flex
>> checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
>> checking lex output file root... lex.yy
>> checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
>> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
>> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
>> checking for gzip... gzip
>> checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
>> checking for ANSI C header files... yes
>> checking return type of signal handlers... void
>> checking for sigset... no
>> checking for sigaction... yes
>> checking for int32_t using gcc... yes
>> checking for u_int32_t using gcc... yes
>> checking for u_int16_t using gcc... yes
>> checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
>> checking for sys/types.h... yes
>> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
>> checking for stdlib.h... yes
>> checking for string.h... yes
>> checking for memory.h... yes
>> checking for strings.h... yes
>> checking for inttypes.h... yes
>> checking for stdint.h... yes
>> checking for unistd.h... yes
>> checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
>> checking for netinet/ip6.h... yes
>> checking for socklen_t... yes
>> checking if syslog returns int... no
>> checking if we should declare socket and friends... no
>> checking for gethostbyname... yes
>> checking for socket... yes
>> checking for putmsg in -lstr... no
>> checking for local pcap library... not found
>> checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... yes
>> checking for pcap_freecode in -lpcap... yes
>> checking for pcap headers... checking if pcap_compile_nopcap needs error
>> parameter... not needed
>> checking for bpf_set_bufsize... no
>> checking for working memcmp... yes
>> checking for strftime... yes
>> checking for strerror... yes
>> checking for strsep... yes
>> checking for mallinfo... no
>> checking for ns_initparse in -lresolv... no
>> checking for ns_initparse in resolver... yes
>> checking for pcap_version in libpcap... yes
>> checking for tgetnum in -ltermcap... yes
>> checking readline/readline.h usability... no
>> checking readline/readline.h presence... no
>> checking for readline/readline.h... no
>> checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
>> checking for ns_msg... yes
>> checking for res_mkquery... yes
>> checking for union semun... yes
>> checking for struct sembuf... yes
>> configure: creating ./config.status
>> config.status: creating Makefile
>> config.status: creating src/Makefile
>> config.status: creating aux/cf-1.1/Makefile
>> config.status: creating doc/Makefile
>> config.status: creating doc/ref-manual/Makefile
>> config.status: creating doc/quick-start/Makefile
>> config.status: creating doc/user-manual/Makefile
>> config.status: creating aux/adtrace/Makefile
>> config.status: error: cannot find input file: aux/adtrace/Makefile.in

Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH
Security Strategist
Product Management Group
netForensics -  http://www.netForensics.com
732-393-6071
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** netForensics has  scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **