[Bro] how to add new event to Bro

Joncarlo Ruggieri joncarlo at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 6 14:37:17 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm running Bro on Red Hat Enteprise Linux 4.

I too had the error below regarding a bogus '-'

The culprit was bro.rc.

In this subroutine:

   pidisrunning() {

           else
                   # the rest of *NIX
                   _running_pid=`ps -o "pid,command" -ax | grep
   "${_pid}.*${_cmd_line}" | grep -v "grep ${_pid}.*${_cmd_line}"`
           fi

remove the "-" from "-ax" for the "ps" command.  The revised line would
be:

                   _running_pid=`ps -o "pid,command" ax | grep

Hope that helps!

Joncarlo Ruggieri
University of CA, Davis