[Bro] conn.bro

Mike Muratet mike.muratet at torchtechnologies.com
Wed Aug 3 08:06:35 PDT 2005

Greetings

I have been doing some experiments with broccoli (thanks again, Christian)
and I'm trying to understand the differences between what I see in real time
from broccoli vis a vis some earlier work I did using bro -r a_tcpdump_file
conn.bro. Looking at the conn.bro policy, it looks like it records a
connection record for the events connection_attempt, _partial_close,
_finished, _half_finished, _rejected, and _reset, using
record_connection(connection_record, string). The string  parameter denotes
the type of event, but this does not get printed. It does record a state as
part of the connection record which gives you an idea of what the event was
all about. Is my interpretation correct?

Thanks

Mike