coding style (Re: [Bro] Small bug in TCP_Rewriter)

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Tue Aug 23 13:09:02 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 01:43pm, Vern Paxson wrote:
> I agree over the importance of *consistency* of coding style.
>
> Let's agree to disagree over which in particular is the One True Style
> and please leave it at that.

I have no problem with that and I apologize if I came across as trying to
"suggest policy" to the Bro development team.  I merely wanted to point out
that my reasons come from long, hard-won experience.

As long as a (security tool, in particular) project has a style and enforces
it, that's what matters.  Consistency makes everyone's life much easier when
they go through the code.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor