[Bro] Bro install problems on linux

Charles Comstock dgtized at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:52:13 PDT 2005

I tried compiling with CFLAGS='-g' and CXXFLAGS='-g' and while it
included the -g in all the compile lines when it went by I still don't
seem to get additional info in the gdb backtrace.  However during
compile I get about 30 or 40 warnings per file about mismatched sizes
for ints.  So I'm kinda guessing it might be related to 64bit
compatability if it's not just something i am doing wrong.  Whatever
the case gdb seems unable to give me any more info then that one line
of output.  If anyone has a better suggestion on how to get debugger
traceback with more info I will be happy to post that output.
Thanks,
  Charles comstock

Linux bb4.arl.wustl.edu 2.6.9-1.667smp #1 SMP Tue Nov 2 15:09:11 EST
2004 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root at bb4:~/bro-0.9a9 [15:42:59]#] src/bro -i eth3 bb4.arl.wustl.edu.bro
Segmentation fault
root at bb4:~/bro-0.9a9 [15:43:14]#] gdb src/bro
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.1post-1.20040607.43rh)
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host
libthread_db library "/lib64/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run -i eth3 bb4.arl.wustl.edu.bro
Starting program: /root/bro-0.9a9/src/bro -i eth3 bb4.arl.wustl.edu.bro

0x0000000000528da1 in __ns_initparse ()