[Bro] Bro install problems on linux

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Mon Aug 29 16:50:30 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 16:38 -0700, Christian Kreibich wrote:

> I presume it's somewhat tedious to change the code from List to PList
> since it'll involve rethinking allocation/deallocation of container
> elements, but it's the only solution I can think of. Mhm.

Actually, wouldn't it work if we changed

  typedef uint32 SourceID

  typedef uint64 SourceID

in util.h on architectures where pointers aren't 32bit? I'd still prefer
to get rid of the macro containers but this might be a quicker fix.
Well, except for any spots in the code that rely on SourceIDs being 32-
bit (serialization maybe?), of course, and for the configure kung-fu
needed.

Cheers,
Christian.