[Bro] Bro install problems on linux

Robin Sommer sommer at in.tum.de
Mon Aug 29 23:56:03 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 16:38 -0700, Christian Kreibich wrote:

> elements, but it's the only solution I can think of. Mhm. Unless we
> throw out the macro containers and switch to STL ones.

For the few occurenes of List this should be fine. Not sure if it
makes sense to replace all macro containers. While I'd like to see
that, too, it's appears to be a lot of work and may influence
performance significantly (either positively or negatively, not
sure).

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 16:50 -0700, Christian Kreibich wrote:

>   typedef uint64 SourceID

Should be fine. SourceIDs are not serialized and they are rarely
stored somewhere, i.e. they are not consuming a significant amount
of memory.

> configure kung-fu

TransientID::ID already depends on being 64-bit and uses a long-long
for its tyoe (plus a compile-time check whether long-long are indeed
64-bit). I remember that there was a problem with a nicer "kung-fu"
but I don't recall what is was...

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * Room        01.08.055 * www.net.in.tum.de