[Bro] Help about Code

Christian Kreibich christian.kreibich at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 02:57:49 PST 2005

Hi Raghu,

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 17:15 -0800, Raghavendra Thodime wrote:
> Hi,
>    I want to start looking at BRO open source code.
> Can anybody help how and where to start to make it
> faster?

there's no obvious way to make Bro faster because there are so many ways
in which it can be configured to be slow :) So first you should try to
understand why you believe it to be slow, and how you can adjust your
policy to speed things up.

> Does anybody has control flow description
> spec. (may be design spec)?

The following might help you:

  http://www.icir.org/twiki/bin/view/Bro/BroInternalsAug2004

However, for the latest you'll always have to look at the source code
yourself...

Cheers,
Christian.