[Bro] "Resource temporarity unavailiable"

Mike Muratet mike.muratet at torchtechnologies.com
Fri Jul 15 15:20:15 PDT 2005

Greetings

I am (still) trying to get a working connection between some code I wrote
using broccoli calls and bro. (The code is part of a larger project that
uses bro for an interface because bro keeps track of state. and generates
events for connections.)  I thought I was making some headway with
understanding the event loop in bro and the reception in broccoli. I added a
print statement in the broccoli method __bro_sobject_data_get to try to
understand why I couldn't read the payload correctly and recompiled
broccoli. Now all communication has ceased and the bro debug.log shows
"Resource temporarily unavailable" which must be a system error because
there is no such string in bro or broccoli. This harkens back to a problem I
had when I first tried to use 'broping'.

Can anyone offer me some pointers on how to track down what's causing the
error? There's nothing in the system logs and I can't find any clues via
google. I'm running RedHat 9 with kernel 2.4.20-6. bro and broccoli are
running on the same system which is inside a firewall, so it only sees some
local intranet traffic and the ssh, ftp, etc. connections I use to test from
another Linux system inside the firewall. I am reaching the point where I
will have to start the project over with some interface if I can't get this
to work. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike