[Bro] String methods

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Tue Jul 19 14:00:09 PDT 2005

Hey there, distance worker! :)

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 11:31 -0700, Martin Casado wrote:
>   I'm doing a bit of string processing and would like to expose the
> BroString::ToUpper(..) to
> the script as well as provide a case insensitive string (or r.e.)
> matching method.  Do these
> methods currently exist?

bro.bif.bro has

global to_lower: function(str: string): string;
global to_upper: function(str: string): string;

The string functions should really be renamed/namespaced to a more
consistent scheme because at the moment it's unfortunately a bit of a
pain to identify them. :(

> If not, may I implement them with hopes of
> integrating them into the main source branch?

I've recently added some string algorithms to my tree too, so I'd hope
there is hope! :)

Cheers,
Christian.