[Bro] Question on bro anonymization

Martin Casado casado at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 23 13:05:29 PDT 2005

What level of anonymization are you attempting to do?  If your goal is
to scramble the IP addresses
you can just set anonymize_ip_addr to true (see policy/anon.bro).  If
you are interested in saniting application
level data, take a look at policy/ftp-anon.bro.  Note that there is a
bug in the TCP rewriter which keeps
data from being written to the transformation traces (remove the assert
in TCP_Rewriter.cc line 721
to change it to next_packet->AppendData(data, left); )

and .. of course for rewriting, use -A from the command line.

cheers,
.martin