[Bro] SSL for FreeBSD/bro

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Tue Jul 26 10:34:56 PDT 2005

Hi Mike,

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 11:42 -0500, Mike Muratet wrote:
> Greetings
>
> In an effort to get a working bro+broccoli installation, I have installed
> FreeBSD v5.4 on a local server.  I also installed bro and broccoli. I
> started bro with ./bro -i xl0 -f tcp broconn.bro. (I found xl0 with ifconfig
> and I'm guessing it's the same thing as eth0.) I tried to run the broconn
> program, but it has a dependancy on libssl.so that goes wanting. I'm not
> trying to do secure communication, it's been tough enough without it ;-) but
> I'm guessing it still wants the library.
>
> I don't see anything relevant on the FreeBSD distribution disks with 'ssl'
> in the name. Can you point me to a source?

that's weird -- Broccoli's configure script does pretty detailed checks
for OpenSSL (it tries to link a program using SSL_new() before it trusts
libssl.so to work). Can you please send me the output of your configure
run, config.log, and, as Scott suggested, the ldd output. Thanks!

Cheers,
Christian.