[Bro] Penguins think broccoli is OK

Mike Muratet mike.muratet at torchtechnologies.com
Wed Jul 27 07:37:22 PDT 2005

Robin

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 08:43 -0500, Mike Muratet wrote:
>
>> Yes. You'd think that at that level the operating systems should meet the
>> same requirements, but they don't.
>
> Interesting. FWIW, I am using the communication code on both Linux
> and FreeBSD systems, and haven't encountered such problems yet.
>
>> If I had the resources, I'd try to figure
>> out why, but I'm behind as it is.
>
> Sure. Just in case you find any indication what may be going on,
> please let us know.

I will. Which Linux are you using? I believe that there is an extra layer in
Red Hat Linux as in the iptables function (at least that's what I've been
told) that gives it a built-in firewall. I have had problems with
ssh/ftp/etc on another system that required me to go in and make changes to
the iptables. An earlier sysadmin had apparently gone in and enabled the
firewall after a hack attempt. That's where I would (will) start looking.

Cheers

Mike