[Bro] Penguins think broccoli is OK

Robin Sommer sommer at in.tum.de
Wed Jul 27 08:15:39 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 09:37 -0500, Mike Muratet wrote:

> I will. Which Linux are you using? I believe that there is an extra layer

Primarily Debians running 2.6.x kernel; for development also SuSE
systems.

> in Red Hat Linux as in the iptables function (at least that's what I've

That could indeed explain it. Per default, Bro/Brocolli use TCP
ports 47756 (for SSL connections) and 47757 (for clear connections).
If the firewall denies connections on these ports, the communication
will not work. Sorry, I forgot: Do see anything in
comm.log/remote.log which indicates that the connection can not be
setup?

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * Room        01.08.055 * www.net.in.tum.de