[Bro] broccoli tests

Mike Muratet mike.muratet at torchtechnologies.com
Fri Jun 3 09:51:53 PDT 2005

Howdy

I have added 'broping.bro' to local.site.bro in $BROHOME/etc. I tried
running the broping in the broccoli test directory on 0.0.0.0:47757 and get
a 'Could not handshake'. The comm.log shows that bro is listening on
0.0.0.0:47758 which are apparently the defaults between  listen-clear.bro
and broping.bro. My bro is listening on eth0 which has an internal IP from
the DNS/firewall. I can see entries in the comm.log for that IP and port
32831. I am running broping on the same machine as bro. broping reports
'Could not connect' on 127.0.0.1. Can anybody suggest any places to look for
problems? I'm at a loss to proceed.

Thanks

Mike