[Bro] broccoli tests

Jason R. Lee JRLee at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 6 14:12:14 PDT 2005

Mike,

I usually just do this (my shell is bash):
cd /usr/local/bro
. etc/bro.cfg
./bro -i eth1 -i eth2 localhost.localdomain.bro

The '. etc/bro.cfg' should set your $BROHOME and $BROPATH
correctly to find all of the needed the files.

The order the files load is that bro is invoked with a start
file (in the above localhost.localdomain.bro). In that file (which is
in $BROHOME/site)  there should be a couple  of lines like this at
the top:

---------------- localhost.localdomain.bro ----------------------------
@prefixes = local
@load site      # file generated by the network script for dynamic config
                    # of the local network subnets.

# Make any changes to policy starting here
-------------- end  --------------------------------------

and the '@load site' will load the local.site.bro file from $BROHOME/site
if your making changes, you should be making it to the
'localhost.localdoamin.bro'
file (which really should be the name of your box (i.e.
foo.example.com.bro).

If you don't have any network info in local.site.bro, bro will not be
able to
tell which hosts are 'inside' the network, and which are 'outside' ;-)

Having said all this. If you see that bro is listening to 47758, i'm
pretty sure
that it has loaded the broccoli stuff.

Cheers,
jason