[Bro] type conversion

bchen at cs.ucf.edu bchen at cs.ucf.edu
Wed May 4 13:20:13 PDT 2005

Hi Vern,
   I am monitoring the pm_getport event. If a suspicious remote host sends a
reqest to the monitored server and successfully get the port # of a specific
rpc service, I would like to track all incoming traffic to this
service. I need
the port # of the service for this purpose. I can parse the "addl"
parameter of
the portmapper request event handler and pull out the port number. I
hope I can
store this port number into a port variable and this is why I need to
convert a
string to a port value. If I can't do so, are there other ways to get the port
number? Thank you for your time.

Bing