[Bro] OpenBSD Compiling problem

Jeff copaseticsituation at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 06:44:56 PDT 2005

I've finally gotten all headers found on compile. I had a problem with the
if_ether.h being found. I actually had to find ip_ether.h and copy it with
the if_ether.h file name. Now I've run into the following during the make:

###############################
source='ef.c' object='ef.o' libtool=no depfile='.deps/ef.Po'
tmpdepfile='.deps/ef.TPo' depmode=gcc /bin/sh ../../depcomp gcc
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -g -O2 -I/include -c `test -f ef.c || echo
'./'`ef.c
In file included from ef.l:13:
/usr/include/netinet/ether.h:37: warning: `ETHERMTU' redefined
/usr/include/net/ethernet.h:343: warning: this is the location of the
previous definition
In file included from ef.l:13:
/usr/include/netinet/ether.h:47: redefinition of `struct ether_header'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/jsa/bro-0.9a10/aux/hf.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/jsa/bro-0.9a10/aux (line 157 of Makefile).

I included the ether.h from the bro-9 directory after untarring. I am unable
to vi ef to determine how it is defined.
Any suggestions?

Jeff