[Bro] BRO, BPF and FreeBSD 5.4

Jason R. Lee JRLee at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 20 13:21:12 PDT 2005

Mike,
you might want to try something like this, which will
allow BSD to dynamicly add the bpf devices as needed
(i.e. when bro/tcpdump/etc. tries to open them)

% devfs rule add path "bpf*" mode 660 user wheel

This has been added into the newest/latest/greatest bro.
So expect it to work in the next release.

Cheers,
jason

PS you can man devfs for many, many more options.