[Bro] BRO, BPF and FreeBSD 5.4

John Webster jwebster at es.net
Thu Oct 20 13:25:12 PDT 2005

I use the following script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d to setup bpf,
since I couldn't seem to get /etc/devfs.conf to work correctly.
You'll need to add the bro user to the bpf group.

==================
#!/bin/sh

# name: 0devfs.sh  so it runs before bro

case "$1" in
    stop  )
            ;;
    start )
                devfs ruleset 10
                devfs rule add path "bpf*" mode 660 group bpf
                devfs rule applyset
            ;;
esac