[Bro] OpenBSD bro.rc unexpected "("

Roger Winslow rwinslow at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 24 08:48:21 PDT 2005

bro.rc does it's best at catching failures to start but unfortunately
doesn't catch it 100% of the time.  Sometimes programs that segfault can
produce error that you are seeing.  It is likely that what is happening
is that Bro is unable to start for some reason and the shell script is
failing to catch the error. Is there anything in the *.info file in your
$BROLOGS directory after this happens?  If so could you send me that?
Another thing to try is by starting Bro manually from the command line.
I suspect if you do this you will get closer to what the real problem is.

           Roger Winslow