[Bro] Bro-1.0 - error in compilation

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Tue Oct 25 09:58:26 PDT 2005

Hi Vincenzo,

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 09:16 +0200, Vincenzo Falletta wrote:
> Here it is :-)
> BTW, another strange fact to me is that even if I have correctly
> installed the openSSL package, I get that "checking whether
> OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf is declared... no" so finally I would
> have no OpenSSL support...

thanks for mentioning this detail, because it explains the problem. It
looks like ChunkedIO.cc makes the compilation of CompressedChunkedIO
depend on both libz *and* OpenSSL, even though it should only depend on
libz. We'll look into it and fix it for the next release.

> Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for pointing out!

Cheers,
Christian.