[Bro] new Bro CURRENT release (0.9a10)

Thorolf bro at grid.einherjar.de
Tue Sep 13 00:43:00 PDT 2005

Hi list,

I'm glad to here that new version is out, but
can someone add this to the cvs-repository?

It's small bug ;-)

---- snip old mail
> #11 0x804d39b in termination_signal () at main.cc:237
> 237             message("received termination signal");
> #12 0x804d41b in sig_handler (signo=15) at main.cc:264
> 264                     termination_signal();
> #13 0xbfbfffac in ?? ()
> #14 0x284ba4cd in isatty () from /usr/lib/libc.so.4
> #15 0x284babe5 in malloc () from /usr/lib/libc.so.4
> #16 0x813ec21 in BaseList::BaseList (this=0xde24cc4, size=0) at util.h:217
> 217             void* ptr = malloc(size);

It looks, ironically, that what's crashing Bro is its attempt to print
out "received termination signal", with the problem being that malloc()
is not reentrant, and the signal is occurring (and hence the printing
happens) during a call to malloc().  Printing using printf can involve
malloc() since it's used internally by the library.

Try removing the line

         message("received termination signal");

from line 237 of main.cc and see if that makes the problem go away.

                 Vern

---- snip old mail

Do you plan to make cvs-repository available for anyone
(read-only of course ;-)? Or at least do you plan to
make something like hot-fix-patches for last released version?

Regards,
Rafal Lesniak

- --
- - Run for your lives, death has arrived
- - Try save your soul, run from the sound of rowing oars