[Bro] Compiling Bro Under Solaris

P.Sandford at lboro.ac.uk P.Sandford at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 07:43:48 PST 2006

Hi all,

We've been having some fun with Bro under Solaris 8. After making slow
progress attempting to iron out problems we've hit something a little more
difficult to track down.

After eliminating /usr/ccs/bin from the environment and setting $CFLAGS to
'-lssl -lsocket', configure ran OK, but then make failed as termcap.h
wasn't found.

Got termcap 1.3 from sunfreeware - made that and tried making bro again -
got past that error and make now complains about missing libstdc++.so.6.
Added /usr/avt/gcc-3.4.2/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that got over that
hurdle, but have hit this:

 make[4]: Entering directory
`/[filepath]/dev/[project]/src/Packages/bro-1.1c/src'
 ../src/binpac/binpac ./dce_rpc.pac
 make[4]: *** [dce_rpc_pac.cc] Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Any comments / suggestions on what could be causing this? or is more
information needed?

Many thanks,

Pete Sandford