[Bro] Bro & OSSEC?

Kurt sifukurt at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 09:13:09 PST 2006

Hello. I'm new to the list and still a relatively new user of Bro. I've been an avid user of OSSEC (http://www.ossec.net) for quite some time now, and I would like to start incorporating Bro into my network security posture. To that end, I have a couple questions:

1. Has anyone had any experience Bro and OSSEC together?
2. Is there any interest in the Bro community for some sort of interface into OSSEC?
3. Just to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, there aren't any formal projects underway to create such an interface between Bro and OSSEC are there? I would very much like to work on such a project, but if one is already in progress, I don't want to duplicate efforts or infringe on someone else's territory.

Thanks.

Kurt
perl -e "($_='tjgvlvsuAzbipp/dpn')=~s/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge;print"
My Blog: http://kwoon.blogspot.com
PGP Public Key (0x71D25CDA) @ http://cryptonomicon.mit.edu/
-----
Inveniemus viam aut faciemus --Hannibal