[Bro] RHEL 4.0/endace 10GigE/Bro

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Wed Feb 8 05:58:06 PST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 19:03 -0800, Robin Sommer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 16:22 -0600, Aashish Sharma wrote:
>
> > Right now we see that bro mis-compiles on RHEL4. This appears to be
> an issues with the glibc-headers package.
>
> Hmm... I've seen this before but right now I can't remember what's
> the fix. Does anybody?

mhmmm the archive says that in November Vidar Seeberg had a similar
problem ("Compiling error on Ubuntu Linux - now: make-problem"), but I
cannot seem to find a mail that detailed a fix. Vern pointed out that
the ef tool isn't actually needed, and iirc we have removed it in more
recent releases(?).

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.detection.bro/1204

Is it just in aux/{cf,hf} that things are failing? If you cd into src
directly once configure has finished and type "make", does it fail
similarly?

> (Just a guess: does it help if you remove "-I../../linux-include"
> from the command line?)

Yeah, a good thing to try!

Good luck,
Christian.