[Bro] Questions about signature regexes

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Jan 31 16:29:35 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 14:45 -0800, Graham Freeman wrote:

> infrastructure soon, we would be happy with a more comprehensive and
> modern snort2bro functional equivalent.

Let's do another poll: are there more readers of this list who'd be
interested in an updated Snort2Bro which can work with current Snort
signatures?

In case there is demand, is there perhaps even somebody who'd be
able to contribute some time to developing an updated converter?
While I'll probably won't be able to work much on this myself, I
could contribute the pieces which I have as well as, e.g., extend
Bro's signature engine somewhat if this turn out to be neccessary.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org
ICIR/ICSI    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 *   www.icir.org