[Bro] Cant build Bro current on freebsd 6.1

dkalpakis at upnet.gr dkalpakis at upnet.gr
Mon Jul 3 11:41:25 PDT 2006

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 17:01 +0300, dkalpakis at upnet.gr wrote:
>
>> I cant build Bro on my system, using FreeBSD 6.1 release.
>
> (In general, Bro builds fine on 6.1)
>
>> NetVar.h:240:30: const.bif.netvar_h: No such file or directory
>> NetVar.h:241:30: event.bif.netvar_h: No such file or directory
>
> These are strange, as these files should be automatically created
> during compilation. You don't see any other error messages before
> this?
>
> This is Bro 1.1? Can you try a "make distclean", and if that doesn't
> help extract a fresh copy of the archive?
>
> Robin
>
> --
> Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org
> ICIR/ICSI    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 *   www.icir.org

Neither trying "make distclean" nor fetching a fresh copy of the archive
worked ...:( I m still getting the same error, without seeing any other
messages before it.

Is there a possibility that there is something wrong/broken with the
archive of current Bro 1.1? Has anyone succeeded to build it recently,
using this specific archive? Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your quick reply Robin...

taki