[Bro] Cant build Bro current on freebsd 6.1

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Mon Jul 10 07:53:24 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 21:22 +0300, dkalpakis at upnet.gr wrote:

> It works now :)...thank you very much Christian.

Cool, glad it works.

> I am just wondering, why is this happening? Is this happening on all 6.1
> release systems or is it just a problem specific to my system? And when
> the latter is the case, what did i wrong in the configuration of my
> system?

There's nothing wrong really, just don't configure and go straight to
make install, but do a make inbetween. I believe the problem occurs
because bifcl is a temporary tool that is not installed (it's a
noinst_PROGRAMS target in automake lingo), and so going straight to make
install apparently doesn't fall back to building it first.

Note that there's never any guarantee that make install will also run
make for you. Leaving out 'make' is a bad habit, don't do it.

Cheers,
Christian.