[Bro] Problems Building Bro

Joshua Krage jkrage at guisarme.net
Sun Jun 11 20:06:07 PDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 02:51:12PM +0100, Christian Kreibich wrote:
> well, do you have it installed, and if so, where? We're currently
> checking for just -ltermcap and then specifically add /usr/lib/termcap
> and /usr/lib64/termcap, if appropriate.

Debian (for example), doesn't ship a termcap.  Their equivalent is ncurses.

Termcap is required by libedit, but I don't see any place in the build
process that actually uses libedit.  I've compiled (but not yet actually
run) the tree without libedit (or libtermcap) successfully.  Am I missing
something?

(working from bro-1.1 sources)