[Bro] Debian Bro install

Jean-Philippe Luiggi jp.luiggi at free.fr
Mon Nov 27 11:35:30 PST 2006

Hello,

I just checked my own debian and here are the results.

1) a "./configure" on the archive (i only "grep"ed the pcap ref)

checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... yes
checking for pcap_freecode in -lpcap... yes
checking for pcap headers... /usr/include
checking if pcap_compile_nopcap needs error parameter... not needed
checking pcap-int.h usability... no
checking pcap-int.h presence... no
checking for pcap-int.h... no
checking for bpf_set_bufsize... no
checking for pcap_version in libpcap... yes
checking for main in -lpcap... yes

2) a "dpkg -l | grep pcap" on the debian

ii  libpcap0.8                          0.9.5-1 System interface for user-level packet captu
ii  libpcap0.8-dev                      0.9.5-1 Development library and header files for lib

I suggest you verify about these two packages.

Best regards.