[Bro] signature match

Jai Prakash D R jprakash at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Nov 29 04:10:46 PST 2006

Hi,

 I am working with bro-0.9 signatuers. Please let me know where exactly the
packets is being compared against the all the available signatuers.
Once a signature is matched i want to get the rule->ID( ) of that signature.

When i am using the below piece of code from RuleMatcher.cc

                        loop_over_list(accepted, i)
		{
		  Rule* r = Rule::rule_table[accepted[i] - 1];

                          #ifdef MATCHER_PRINT_DEBUG
		     fprintf(stderr, "%.06f Checking rule: %s\n",
network_time, r->id);
                          #endif
                      }

the rule->id's of previously matched signatues are bing displayed.

please help me in this regard.

Regards
Prakash.