[Bro] What am I doing wrong here?

David Caldwell dcaldwell at colsa.com
Wed Nov 29 11:34:58 PST 2006

That is something I did not know till I got the responses from you
guys. I re-ran brolite, and used the default user [root] for the user
to run under. Now bro has started up and is doing something that
resembles its job at this point. The startup was successful, and we
shall see what kiind of stuff it collects sitting in the internal
office network fro the next couple of hours.

Now with the next question.

Since the service runs as root, and the eth1 interface that it is
running on is going to be exposed to the outside world, what do I
need to do to my firewall config on this box to protect it from attack?
What are your suggestions? I can run some pretty simple firewall
rules to simply deny all on the interface, and allow only internal
requests, but will this hinder bro from being able to do its job?

David