[Bro] Bro 1.2 under Solaris 8

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed Nov 29 18:58:11 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 08:31 +0100, Stephan wrote:

> Is there someone running Bro 1.2 successfully under Solaris 8?

I don't know whether anybody is using Bro with live traffic but it
used to work for me offline on Solaris 9 (iirc, the last version I
tried was 1.1).

> I can compile it after some patching but it always core dump (as
> more traffic is on the wire a faster it core dump).

It's supposed to compile on Solaris without requiring patches. Can
you send us the error messages as well as which tweaks you did to
get it to compile?

Regarding the core dumps, can you compile a debug version (configure
--enable-debug) and send a stack backtrace? (And one thing also
worth trying is reading a larger trace instead of running live,
which as said I've never tried on Solaris).

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 931-5555 * robin at icir.org
LBNL/ICSI    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 *   www.icir.org