[Bro] Bro 1.2 vs OpenBSD

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Thu Nov 30 13:59:22 PST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 12:08 -0500, Jean-Philippe Luiggi wrote:
> I just had to "slightly" modify "configure.in" and add some #ifdef in the
> source tree.

I just tried to build the 1.2 release on OpenBSD 3.8 and it bombs out
with yet another ARP header inclusion glitch. :( Is that what you fixed?
It seems what's needed is a header check for net/ethertypes.h.

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 13:45 -0500, Jean-Philippe Luiggi wrote:
> Even if the solution seems to work, i think, it's the first stage of
> porting Bro to OpenBSD.

It really shouldn't have to be a "port". :) Besides the ARP glitch and
the fact that nbdns is not available, is there anything else?

Cheers,
Christian.