[Bro] Bro Download file versions

nikns nikns at secure.lv
Mon Sep 4 09:23:32 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 09:18:55AM -0700, Vern Paxson wrote:
>> how does it comes that: Version 1.0.1 - Last published Aug 31, 2006,
>> but downloading and untaring bro-1.X-current.tar.gz
>> I get bro-1.1?
>
>"1.0.1 - Last published Aug 31, 2006" is the tag on the bro-ids.org Web
>page, and refers to the version of the Web page itself.
Ahh, i see! ;]

>> What is the latest version of bro-ids
>
>1.1.
>
>> and from which link I can download it?
>
>>From http://bro-ids.org/download.html .
On that page I can find only ftp://bro-ids.org/bro-1.X-current.tar.gz,
which stands for current snapshot not 1.1-release, am I right?

btw: how often that current snapshot tarball gets updated?
Don't know is it right, but using svn to checkout, I get asked for password:
Most likely you will only want the source code which you get by:
svn checkout svn+ssh://portnoy.lbl.gov/home/portnoy/u2/src/bro-repository/trunk/bro
any ideas?:)

Thanks
nikns