[Bro] Progress in the IPv6 support

Ruoming Pang rpang at cs.princeton.edu
Wed Apr 11 06:59:37 PDT 2007

> > - do you think binpac could help me ?
>
> It will need extensions to do so.  You should contact Ruoming Pang
> <rpang at CS.Princeton.EDU> to see what degree he has interest/cycles
> in adding the necessary support.

Julien,

It can probably help you. The difference between using binpac for
application level protocols and for IPv6 is that you won't have the
notion of connection/flow in IPv6. But binpac can still help you parse
the packet headers and generate events.

For an example of using binpac without connection/flow, please take a
look at smb.pac (it's written before we had the notion of
connection/flow in binpac). Do not hesitate to contact me if you have
any question.

Ruoming