[Bro] Creating new Val() in multi-threaded bro

Yuppie yuppie4ever at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:13:22 PDT 2007

Bro Gurus,

I'm trying to make Bro run multi-threaded... so wanted to ask if you
guys have any experience with that. First of all, is Bro written to be
multi-threaded? If not, can you guys point me to the places which
would need some work to make it multi-threaded. Apparently with the
complex interplay of data structures, it is hard to find those. I have
fixed one such place in Type.cc in:
BroType* base_type(TypeTag tag)
where it was using a static base_types array. There may more lurking
elsewhere, which I haven't been able to find.

Esp, I'm facing this issue, where I'm trying to create a new Val()
object and bro coredumps in one of the threads.

thanks!
-y