[Bro] Generics without templates ?

Hassan Syed hassan.syed at ukplc.net
Fri Aug 3 08:26:05 PDT 2007

Hi Guys,

I was wondering why the concept of generics has been implemented via
#define hacking in some of the code (the parts where the connectionPDict
and FragReassemblesPdict are defined in session.h). Are they any
advantages to doing this in the stead of templates? It is very tedious
looking at this in the code, especially to someone who comes from
another language. If there aren't any advantages shall I refractor it
out of the code for the sake of future newbie's like me?

Regards

Hassan