[Bro] DPD or binpac on kernel-level

Ruoming Pang rpang at cs.princeton.edu
Fri Dec 21 18:52:46 PST 2007

Hi Dongsu,

People have tried using binpac on systems other than Bro. The main
obstacle is to have a regular expression matching library, which
binpac-based analyzers rely on. If you have such a library that can be
used in-kernel, you are pretty close. Then you need a library to
handle dynamic memory allocation (if I understand kernel programming
correctly).

Ruoming