[Bro] signature match bug

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Feb 8 16:59:25 PST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 02:50 -0800, Yuppie wrote:

> I found this comment in RuleMatcher.cc.
>
> //                - Sometimes, the signature match event is generated after a
> //                  connection_finished (or similar) event. Using the default ru
> les.bro,
> //                  this means that we will not see the rule id in the connectio
> n summary.

Hmm... I think the comment is out of date. These days the connection
summaries are generated by a connection_state_remove() handler in
conn.bro. I don't think a signature_match can be generated *after*
the connection_state_remove event (which is raised when the internal
connection state is flushed). So, seems there's nothing to fix. :-)

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 931-5555 * robin at icir.org
LBNL/ICSI    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 *   www.icir.org