[Bro] Application Layer Classification

Jean-Philippe Luiggi jp.luiggi at free.fr
Mon Jan 15 08:25:33 PST 2007

Hello Christian,

As far i know, Bro's able to catch this problem but you need to use the
"DPD.bro" module.

>From brolite.bro :

====
## Dynamic Protocol Detection configuration
#
# This is off by default, as it requires a more powerful Bro host.
# Uncomment next line to activate.
# const use_dpd = T;

@ifdef ( use_dpd )
       @load dpd
       	     @load irc-bot

====

Just uncomment  "const use_dpd = T;" and you'll get it (it works as is at
home)

Best regards.