[Bro] Bro 1.3 available for pre-testing (esp. OpenBSD)

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Mon Jul 16 09:29:12 PDT 2007

Hi Stephan,

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 12:18 +0200, Stephan wrote:
> Hi Christian
>
> I've compiled bro 1.2.20 an run the test again with the same
> bus error. At the moment I'm using a pcap file to run the
> test.

Thanks. I'd like to try to reproduce the error, but I can't seem to get
a build on the sole Solaris box I have access to, which is a
"SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 Solaris".

I see two gccs on that box, 3.4.2 and 4.1.2. With both, I get clashes
between C header files and STL types, à la

/usr/include/net/if.h:87: error: template argument required for `struct map'

With gcc4, I also had to add -lstdc++ to LDFLAGS. Are there any
additional Solaris tricks one has to apply to work around these
problems, or did the build Just Work for you? What compiler are you
using?

Cheers,
Christian