[Bro] include icmp6.h problem

Julien Desfossez ju at klipix.org
Sat May 26 14:50:10 PDT 2007

>> I have just added "#include <netinet/icmp6.h>" in net_util.h and I get
>> errors not (apparently) related to this change :
>> ../src/dns_pac.h:328: error: expected ',' or '...' before '.' token
>> Does anyone have an idea how to solve/debug this problem ?
>>

> My first suggestion would be to compile using g++ -E to get the output
> from the preprocessor (sent to stdout).  Often a bizarre problem like this
> after including a header is because the header introduces a #define that
> conflicts with a name used elsewhere in a different context.

Indeed it was a #define that conflicted with another variable : rr_type.

The problem now is that I need to include icmp6.h but it conflicts with
dns_pac.

What do you think is the best practice to solve this issue : rename the
variable in dns_pac, include a modified version of icmp6.h with Bro... ?

Thanks,

Julien Desfossez